ABOUT THIS PROJECT
Parramatta Square provides an unprecedented opportunity to deliver an outcome that sets Parramatta apart as ‘Australia’s Next Great City’ and places it on the world stage as a leading example of a Smart City.
A key contributor to this vision will be the use of technology in Parramatta Square Precinct that:
- Supports the needs of people that work, live and visit Parramatta;
- Integrates seamlessly with the urban design;
- Provides a sense of inspiration, efficiency, engagement and fun;
- Adapts to current and future uses;
- Provides extensive data connectivity, metering and sensing; and
- Supports economic, environmental and socially sustainable outcomes.
Project engagement on this development was in the following technology areas:
- Master Planning
- Concept Design
- Documentation Reviews
- Strategy Development
- Part 1 – Precinct Technology Masterplan
- Part 2 – Technology Infrastructures
Working in collaboration with the City of Parramatta property development team, Meld Strategies was engaged to develop a Precinct Technology Masterplan for Parramatta Square that would align to the Parramatta Smart City Masterplan and the vision to become ‘Australia’s Next Great City’.
This masterplan identified a strategy, vision, mission, guiding principles a technology framework. The masterplan identified a range of technologies relating to Smart Building Design, Safety and Security, Resilience, Connectivity, Flexibility, Engagement, Information, Sustainability and Waste management.
Parramatta City Council