200 George St, Sydney, NSW
ABOUT THIS PROJECT
Mirvac’s new Sydney Head Office at 200 George Street is a milestone on the journey towards an ambitious goal of creating smarter buildings and smarter workplaces that will shape the way that we will all work and live in the future.
Mirvac’s Smart Tenancy will be ground breaking in that it is based upon an integrated and symbiotic relationship with the Commercial Office Base Building it occupies. It is one that:
- Promotes continuous learning regarding the performance of the building and Mirvac’s tenancy;
- Supports a highly collaborative workplace environment;
- Supports Mirvac’s workplace design capabilities; and
- Enhances the user experience of visiting and working at Mirvac, that will inspire clients, staff and visitors alike.
In various forms, the use of technology will feature in the design of the fitout and will include a range of approaches, including an ability to:
- Monitor both base building and tenancy use of power, water and building engineering services per level of the tenancy;
- Measure a range of additional indoor environment performance attributes using sensors as part of a ‘Living Lab’ that can be demonstrated and learnt from;
- Display real time and historical building engineering performance data;
- Generate ‘snackable’ facts regarding building performance;
- Utilise a ‘Smart Tenancy App’ that uses location based services to create an engaging user experience; and
- Utilise flexible workplace technologies that encourage efficient use of office space and meeting rooms.
200 George Street achieved:
- 6 Star Green Star - Office Design (v3)
- 6 Star Green Star As-Built (v3)
- 5 Star NABERS Energy Rating
- Gold WELL New & Exisiting Interiors
Project engagement on this Smart Tenancy project was in the following areas:
- Documentation Reviews
- Strategy Development
- Concept Design
- Application Development
- Schematic Design
- Functional Requirements
- Detailed Design
- Design Co-ordination
- Risk Mitigation
- Project Management
- Smart Tenancy Masterplan
Working in collaboration with Mirvac Projects the engagement for this project was to develop a Smart Tenancy Masterplan for the Mirvac’s tenancy in the FJMT design 200 George Street.
The Masterplan identified a range of energy and building performance monitoring capabilities for the tenancy in addition to a Smart Tenancy App.
The scope was to develop detailed designs and to oversee the implementation of the identified technologies.