ANU Pop Up Village
Canberra ACT 0200
ABOUT THIS PROJECT
In December 2014, ANU developed a concept to create a knowledge based urban village in the heart of the campus.
In the development of Union Court and University avenue, a unique opportunity is provided to incorporate the use of technology as a means of establishing a Smart Campus environment. This method of differentiation will help to reinforce ANU’s position as Australia’s leading University and a place of distinctive excellence.
Critical to a successful outcome is that the village is an attractor to the wider Canberra community, its activities and experiences mean that its life will end beyond the traditional campus calendar.
Our mission is to use technology:
- in meaningful and inspiring ways that continuously improves the experiences of studying, working and visiting the ANU campus;
- to improve the environmental and spatial efficiency of it’s buildings and places through continuous measurement and monitoring of environments;
- to create points of engagement that will stimulate interactions between occupants of the University;
- to create a sense of connectedness with local, national and international communities.
Project engagement on this development was in the following technology areas:
- Documentation Reviews
- Strategy Development
- Precinct Technology Masterplan
Working in collaboration with Royalla Management Services the initial engagement for this project was to develop a Precinct Technology Masterplan for the Union Court and University Avenue Precinct of ANU.